- It is Open Source. WordPress is self-hosted therefore there are no additional costs associated with downloading or upgrading. There are thousands of plugins available to install.
- It is highly customisable. One of the reasons why WordPress is mostly preferred is because it allows designers and developers to create and modify layouts. This flexible framework is definitely a big advantage.
- Designed for everyone. WordPress is designed for everyone and not just for the developers. It was developed by keeping in mind that everyone would be using it. And not every blogger is tech savvy. It is very easy to use and then there are many online written manuals available for you to easily learn how to use WordPress.
- It has lower maintenance cost. If you ever want to further customise or develop your website, it is relatively easier to find designers or developers for WordPress than others.
- WordPress is Search Engine friendly. WordPress was made to be Search Engine friendly. So, it automatically solves a lot of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) issues.
- WordPress is popular. Considering all the features that WordPress provides and how easy it is to use, there’s no doubt that it is one of the most popular web publishing systems. There are thousands of professional quality themes and plugins available making it popular amongst web designers and bloggers.
- WordPress is mobile web friendly too. There has been a major increase in the number of people surfing the Internet through smartphones and tablets. It’s not surprising as almost everyone owns a smartphone these days. Many WordPress themes are designed to be mobile friendly thereby making your website more user-friendly as readers won’t be challenged to use the website on their smartphone.
Considering all the reasons above, WordPress is definitely one of the best web publishing systems to use. No doubt it is the most used one too. It is one of the important things to remember.