Effective Web Design Principles
- answers to most of the questions which users can get after going through the web page. If the navigation and website architecture isn’t designed properly, the user will find it difficult to comprehend how the system works. A well thought and structured design along with clear and concise quality content direct the user towards availing the services or making a purchase. Thus, well-planned structure reduces the mental load. Once this is achieved, it will be easy for the user to navigate through the website.
- Use Minimum Fill in Forms: In every project which is designed to cater to the specific needs of the user, try to keep users requirements minimal. First-time visitors will like if they don’t have to fill in long forms to try out your service. Basically, remove all barriers, a user registration using a long fill in the form is enough to cut down on the incoming traffic.
- Divert users attention towards your USP: A website contains both static and dynamic content, some aspects of the user interface are more attractive than others. Attractive content, images and videos should be used to attract customers towards your USP (Unique Selling Proposition).
- Strive for Attractive Content-Rich Interface: Modern web designers focus more on the visually appealing interface, and they neglect architecture of the web page and content. A good mix of design, layout and content will drive more quality traffic to the webpage.
- Strive for Simplicity and Effective Writing: The content on the web page should be clear, concise and properly structured. As it helps the user to find the required information easily.
- Innovate But Not Distract: An impressive web design uses innovation and creativity. Use white spaces or negative spaces as per the requirement. A white space is the area of the page that is empty, mainly used between the images and videos.
- Aesthetically Appealing – Target As Per The Niche: Every industry or segment caters to specifically targeted customers based on factors like age, geography and gender. The design of the web page should be explicitly designed to target selected niche.
- Build Online Credibility and Trust: Nowadays everybody is present on social platforms, users and business enterprises both. Use your web page to build trust and credibility on social platforms. A testimonial from the existing clients is a great way to do this.
- Optimized Web Page: Web page should be optimized to load faster without compromising on quality factor.
- Responsive Web Design: Due to increase in handheld devices and data penetration. Mobile devices are the main source of traffic on the website. Web pages should be responsive to load in any device irrespective of the screen size.
Thus, a web page should be designed keeping in mind, the user and business needs. Use these web design principles to get an aesthetically appealing and result oriented web page.