Create And Optimize XML Sitemaps
- Use Plugins To Generate It Automatically: First and foremost thing you need to do is the creation of XML sitemap using available plugins like Google XML Sitemap. It’s a tool that is designed to make your work easier than before, thus, you should invest your time into this, to reap all its benefits.
- Submit It To Google: After you create an XML sitemap, now it’s time to submit it to the search engine to Google search console. It’ll help you discover if any mistake, so, you can correct it timely and resubmit it for the indexing of all the important pages on your website.
- Set Your Priority List: While creating the XML Sitemap, every page should give priority, as every page on the website is important. And being a marketer, you want ranking from all the pages to get the better results from your efforts. This may help the Google crawl your complete website for better ranking.
- Include Only Direct URLs: If you have multiple pages for a similar keyword, so, instead of confusing the search engines, you should submit only the accepted version of URLs. It’ll cut the search engines confusion and make it easier for them to index your particular page that further plays a vital role in boosting its ranking,
- Keep Your XML File Small: If the size of your XML sitemap is large, so, it may put a great strain on your server, which affect its loading time and affect user-experience at the same time. Therefore, it is always good to submit as small size as possible for indexing.
These are a few tips that help you create and optimize your XML sitemap. Though it is not the end, there are many other points you need to take into consideration and if you don’t have enough time and knowledge regarding the same. Do invest in a professional, as they make SEO practice easier for you and help you make a brand in the cut-throat competition.