- Design fiction is ideological – It is this ideological drive that makes the design what it is and it is laid out clearly and openly for everyone to see. The cultural, social and even political bases of the ideologies need exposure, exploration and interpretation. Design fiction allows the underpinning and deconstruction of situations through skills.
- It acts as a testing ground for what is real – This design lays a possibility framework where future scenarios can be mapped and explored with practice. When these possibilities are represented and articulated, they could end up becoming the much needed space for shared language and imagination.
- It inscribes responsibility and behavior – This is because design fiction comes with imagining of morals, aspirations and morals by fictional protagonists. This ends up setting up trajectories for action mostly behavioral ones by scripting use, according
Advantage: Flash Web Design Helps Make Your Website Appear More Modern
In this day and age of online businesses, an old out-of-date website is not going to appeal to most people. It has to have some element to prove that it is more modern such as a video, a unique photo, or some special design effect to the action button or navigation bar. The important thing is that the website does not give off the feel of a mid-to-late 90’s website.
Flash web design is an excellent way to modernize your site. You might decide to have an introduction page with a moving visual image which can be used as a navigation bar. You might also decide to incorporate a slider onto your website with stunning visual imagery. Flash design is a big help because it presents your website and … Read the rest
Use responsive design
The responsive web design ensures an optimal viewing experience and improved interaction experience. A responsive web page easily gets set well in various media environments and adapts the screen sizes (resolutions) of various internet access devices. It becomes easily visible with a minimum endeavor of resizing, panning, and scrolling across a variety of devices like Desktop, Laptop, Smartphone, Tablet, iPod, etc.
To do so, professional web designers and website developers use flexible layouts, flexible images, CSS3, Bootstrap, media queries, fluid, and proportion-based grids. Responsive web pages are smart enough to detect the visitor’s screen size and orientation. It can adopt the changed layout accordingly.
Include a viewport meta tag
The viewport is a virtual area followed by the browsers. It helps search engines to determine how every piece of content is scaled and sized on a web … Read the rest
They load faster than complex sites
The equation is simple. The sites with more fluff or bloat are less likely to open faster than what’s the case with their simpler counterparts. The complex sites are loaded with animation, videos, and images. The unnecessary codes make it difficult for sites to open fast. Aberdeen Group, a business intelligence research company revealed that a one-second increase in loading time results in around 11% fewer page views.
They are Google-friendly
Simple websites open faster and this remains one of the main reasons why they are preferred by Google. On the other hand, a website with complex flash animation is less likely to be noticed by the search engine giant simply because of the fact it does not recognize flash animation at the first place. So, even if you are using flash animation in … Read the rest
WordPress Pros:- Community and Flexibility
As we know that majority of the users in the world uses WordPress compared to Squarespace, the community and online support are just great in this case. Starting from its initial versions such as 2.9 to its latest version 4.8 WordPress has never disappointed its users. Even today many of the users use the older version of WordPress because it was smaller in size and yet almost error free. Starting from the WordPress Codex to different Facebook groups are all filled up with enthusiastic developers and experts.
Learning new things about WordPress is very easy and interesting. This strong community network can help anyone anywhere. Anyone can get any level of advice from this strong community network and that too free of charge. Another best thing about WordPress is that the user doesn’t need to … Read the rest
First of all, you should hire a designer who understands the dynamics and the arts behind keeping the home page as clean as possible. The home page is where visitors land at the most and if it’s not of about quality, your website theme will surely lose a lot of prospects. The home page should look neat and tidy, which means, it should not have a cluttered look-and-feel. It should neither be stuffed with a lot of information nor plastered with too many images, videos or texts. Rather, it should be kept clean to give a soothing and calming effect to visitors.
In addition, web designers should take a lot of care with colors since they are perhaps the most vital aspect of a design. Using loud or garish color won’t serve the purpose in cases where simplicity should be … Read the rest
Choose an easy-to-use shopping cart
It is more important to focus on matters like interaction with the customers, to create meaningful content and to market your business properly. You should not waste time in choosing a complicated shopping cart. Using a fully hosted, subscription based cart will surely help you to launch a successful online store. Technical details, payment integration and hosting will be taken care of by these services. A monthly subscription fee has to be paid by you to avail the shopping cart. There are many shopping carts available online, from which you can select yours.
Launch as soon as possible
The identity of your customers and their needs will be unknown to you, if you are new in the field of online business. It is very important to create an online store in such a way that … Read the rest
In a recent survey, it was found out that computer sales have gone down and smartphones sales have gone up. In another research, it was found that a significantly higher amount of people browsed the internet using their smartphones than using their computers. This means different things for business trades that are set up online. First and foremost, it affirms the fact that online businesses are doing really well in this age. Secondly, this places a lot of importance on the quality of webpages that are being accessed; if your webpage is well designed and easy to use with attractive content, it means it will get more traffic and consequently your company will generate higher profits as well.
This second point cannot be stressed enough; for an online business, the only way of communication with the customers is through their … Read the rest
- Be unique: A logo helps you to stand apart from your competitors or business rivals, so it must be unique. So, while designing it use out-of-the-box concept and show your creativity in it. However, in the urge of creating it in a unique way, don’t make it so gaudy; otherwise, it is ignored by your customers. For this, you have to understand the taste and preference of your customer.
- Understand your brand: Without any doubt, a logo is an introduction to your brand. So, while designing it always keep in mind what message you actually want to explain to your customer. This will help your customer to understand the goal of your business and attract them to your product and services.
- Color it: It’s a right time to show your creativity, so fill some attractive colors in your logo, which
Look For A Style That Is In Line With Your Business’s Image
You will obviously have to take some time to think about what kind of image you would like your business to have. Once you have found out what kind of image you want your business to have, one of the important steps is to find out what kind of font would be best suited for your business. For example, if you decide to run your own newspaper, you would definitely want to consider a style usually aligned with a newspaper. You might look to other newspapers for inspiration. Whatever the case may be, it’s important to give your business’s image some thought and find a font style that is in line with that image.